Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Cornwell Tool Box

The other day, one of our volunteers came in to work waving a new set of trowels. She was pleased as punch that she'd have her own tools when we put down our next tile floor. I was proud of her too. Just because you are a girl doesn't mean you can't own your own tools. And by owning your own tools, I don't mean that crap they make FOR girls that is pink and chintzy. (Might be talking a little about that Big Shot on that bottom shelf that is also on it's last legs, seriously ugh)

Having blown through four or five hot glue guns, give me one that costs more and that will be around when I need it. Same goes for can openers. I'm looking at you Oxo. Awarding winning, my foot. But seriously, you ever notice we don't get the same consideration when it comes to tools that guys do? So anyhow, skip the pink tools, throw away the notion that you can't shop at any of the big hardware stores and start your collection.




Recently over the holidays, THE MAN decided to take apart the tool box that was passed down to him by his grandfather and whip it into shape. By whip it into shape, let's keep in mind that this previously red Cornwell box rattled around in the back of a pick up for over a decade because real men carry tools in their truck. I did always love Nate's Grandpa, even though he had the mistaken impression that girls couldn't drive tractors. Ole Cornwell here got a new coat of paint. This is the good stuff too. It's the black paint you use on tractors so meant to take a beating. Good thing, 'cause I now have a new tool box in my office.

How did he paint the drawers, you wondered?



It was some what strange wandering into the garage and seeing them all hanging by strings.

Tomorrow I'm blogging about my newly completed Nancy Drew shelves. What fun! Maybe by the end of this week I'll have a page to share!

6 comments:

  1. haha great tool box story!! and girls can have gutsy tools too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say apart from wow, you rock ..because tools scare me

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad asked my mother what she wanted for her birthday when I was about 10 years old. "I would like a hammer, a set of screwdrivers and a pliers with a box to put them all in." she said. He went out and bought her all of those plus a Stanley knife and a small hacksaw, all top of the range none of them girly. She gave them to me when she decided that she was giving up fixing things and they live in my cupboard ready for action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tool box! Ok... so why can't they make really good pink tools... maybe a little glitter... I mean... I don't see why we have to pick one or the other...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...all I saw with that tool box was a perfect flair & scrappy bits space!! I'm so not a tool girl..... EXCEPT I'm lusting after one of those hot glue guns that you don't need plugged in and that stand up...that would be nice. I've got the same big shot, btw....!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love tools bigtime but have to put my name on mine as a certain man here, Mr Wall, makes off with them. So yes, tools are fantastic to own!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!